Project Life & Books: Love-a-Thon Mix & Match

loveathon

Hello lovelies!

So the first Mini-challenge of Love-a-Thon was a Mix and Match post. The hosts challenged us to combine our bookish life with something non-bookish that we love, such as a hobby, passion, talent or fandom.

I thought I would share some of my finished Project Life® spreads from 2015 that included book events and photos of some of my books. I haven’t finished a whole lot of 2015 (as I’ve just started PL in Dec. 2015), but I thought this would be a little quirky thing to show you all.

Project Life® is a form of scrapbooking developed by Becky Higgins. Her website definitely explains it better than I’m about to. I describe PL as a cross between a regular photo album and traditional scrapbooking. To me, it incorporates the best aspects of both and mushes them together to create an easy scrapbooking style.

So without further adieu, here are my spreads:

January 2015

In January I met Holly Black at my local bookshop and I also picked up the start of two series: Throne of Glass and The Raven Boys.

I also received this great stack of books from my friend Ardenis whom I visited earlier that month in NYC

February 2015

Here’s a semi-unfinished spread that includes some photos of books I had uploaded to my Instagram. I’m missing some journaling and two photos from this spread but I’m hoping to get them printed soon!

This spread has a picture of my spine poetry from last year’s Love-a-Thon! I also received this awesome custom-made tote from my friend’s business Qustom Quinns that I love to [now] take to book events 🙂

This was a mini spread of my birthday celebrations. I received a great biography on John Wayne a childhood favorite actor of mine–I was really into westerns 🙂

This is another unfinished spread that’s lacking some journaling. I went to ApollyCon and met a bunch of wonderful authors, including the guest of honor – J.L. Armentrout. Pictured here (top down) are Tiffany King, Jay Crownover and Jeaniene Frost. The following spread is of the “afterparty” that took place after the signings for that day. I remember JLA was signing well until 5 or 6pm because she was so sweet and decided to stay for everyone still in line. This was the first ApollyCon so I don’t think they were expecting the turnout that showed up but it really was a fantastic turnout in my opinion. My mom came with me so it was fun to bond with her at a book event 🙂

Sadly these are all the spreads I have “done” right now. I’m way behind, but classes have been busy haha. I’m hoping to get some down time soon to work on these! I’m just about to start March 🙂 I’m also planning on ordering some more photos in different sizes from Persnickety Prints

Thanks for stopping by! I really can’t wait to see everyone else’s posts! Do you scrapbook at all or do Project Life®? Let me know in the comments below!! I’m always looking for inspiration and spend an inordinate amount of time on YouTube watching process videos.

Happy Reading [and crafting]!

xo,

signature 3

28 comments
0 likes
Prev post: 2016 Love-a-Thon Begins!Next post: Love-a-Thon Bingo: Mini Challenge #2

Related posts

Comments

• […] by Stefan Bachmann 2016 Love-A-Thon Begins! – a quick survey to get to know me better :) Project Life & Books: A Love-A-Thon Mix […] Read More[…] by Stefan Bachmann 2016 Love-A-Thon Begins! – a quick survey to get to know me better :) Project Life & Books: A Love-A-Thon Mix & Match – the first challenge post of #LoveAThon; see my new obsession! Love-A-Thon Bingo: Mini […] Read Less

• Bookaholics Anonymous

21 February 2016 at 10:05 pm

These are definitely really pretty, and I love the way you put it together.

• Perusing Pages

21 February 2016 at 7:18 pm

Oh wow! These are beautiful and so meticulously done. I'm in awe!

• NicoleLynn
      to Perusing Pages

21 February 2016 at 10:01 pm

Thank you so much! I'm still a newbie to it haha a lot of the ones I've seen are so much better but I'm getting […] Read MoreThank you so much! I'm still a newbie to it haha a lot of the ones I've seen are so much better but I'm getting there :) Read Less

• Jaden (Potterhead Daydreams)

21 February 2016 at 10:26 am

ITTTTS IRESTIBLEABLE!!! I love Fall Out boy, whats your fave song from them aslo your your scrapbook looks cool!

• Alice

21 February 2016 at 3:37 am

I love so much Project Life! I'm part of Becky's creative team this year and I'm so happy to meet bookish/geek bloggers who love this […] Read MoreI love so much Project Life! I'm part of Becky's creative team this year and I'm so happy to meet bookish/geek bloggers who love this memory keeping thing too! I recently created a spread just with my bookstagram photos :) Read Less

• NicoleLynn
      to Alice

21 February 2016 at 12:52 pm

That's so awesome! I feel like all of my photos are either me, my cat or my books haha but I'm trying to take more […] Read MoreThat's so awesome! I feel like all of my photos are either me, my cat or my books haha but I'm trying to take more photos of other things :) Read Less

• Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

21 February 2016 at 12:17 am

OMG. I've never heard of this, but it looks so freaking cool! Your pictures are amazing, and I love the selfie section! :) I've always wanted […] Read MoreOMG. I've never heard of this, but it looks so freaking cool! Your pictures are amazing, and I love the selfie section! :) I've always wanted to scrapbook, but I lack the creative vision to do it. Plus, I'm really, really messy, and I would probably lose interest after seeing all the mess I would make with traditional scrapbooking. This looks like a fun alternative, though. I might have to give it a try. :) Read Less

• Becca@The Bookkeeper's Apprentice

20 February 2016 at 5:47 pm

Those are so gorgeous! I'm checking out Project Life now!

• […] Mix & Match, Mini-Challenge #1: Project Life & Books […]

• Alexa S. (@alexalovesbooks)

20 February 2016 at 3:48 pm

Nicole!! This is beautiful. I love the way you've done your spreads here, and I'm really curious about Project Life now. Maybe I'll have to […] Read MoreNicole!! This is beautiful. I love the way you've done your spreads here, and I'm really curious about Project Life now. Maybe I'll have to try it out for myself! (And I'll probably ask you for tips and tricks!) Read Less

• No problem!! I'm still new to it and have found YouTube to be super helpful! Just warning that it can get addictive haha and thanks […] Read MoreNo problem!! I'm still new to it and have found YouTube to be super helpful! Just warning that it can get addictive haha and thanks so much for the love and for stopping by! 😊 Read Less

• Kristin

20 February 2016 at 3:39 pm

This is so beautiful! I wish I had the time / patience to create something like that! I've heard of Project Life before and it's […] Read MoreThis is so beautiful! I wish I had the time / patience to create something like that! I've heard of Project Life before and it's always interested me. I'm hoping to give it a shot once I have more life stuff under control! (I'm moving next weekend and getting married in a couple of months!) Read Less

• NicoleLynn
      to Kristin

20 February 2016 at 4:19 pm

Congrats on both the wedding and moving!!! And yes it can get a little time consuming and hard to find the time but I've really […] Read MoreCongrats on both the wedding and moving!!! And yes it can get a little time consuming and hard to find the time but I've really enjoyed doing it so far! Thanks so much for the love and for stopping by! 😊 Read Less

• Jackie G.

20 February 2016 at 1:49 pm

Um... I WANT TO DO THIS! I created a few scrapbooks back in the day-- a couple for friends and one as a project for my […] Read MoreUm... I WANT TO DO THIS! I created a few scrapbooks back in the day-- a couple for friends and one as a project for my senior year of high school. I had a lot of fun with them, but I found myself overwhelmed by the sheer size of the pages. This is kind of perfect. A smaller way for me to channel my creativity! Curious though-- do you print out your own photographs or do you get them developed at the store? Read Less

• NicoleLynn
      to Jackie G.

20 February 2016 at 2:26 pm

I get them printed out at Walgreens when there's a coupon code happening lol but also PersnickeyPrints I here is good for photos. I've also […] Read MoreI get them printed out at Walgreens when there's a coupon code happening lol but also PersnickeyPrints I here is good for photos. I've also heard that Costco is great with photo printing too. I am going to try and print some out on my own my printer is like really old haha so maybe when I upgrade in the future...though I have heard a lot of people print at home. Read Less

• NicoleLynn
      to Jackie G.

20 February 2016 at 2:28 pm

Also with PL you can do smaller sizes too like 6x8 albums and 4x4 albums. I like the flexibly this style gives me when it […] Read MoreAlso with PL you can do smaller sizes too like 6x8 albums and 4x4 albums. I like the flexibly this style gives me when it comes to size cause like you I never really knew what to do with 12x12 sizes! I was so unsure how to make them work and this just really is so simple haha thanks for stopping by! 😊 Read Less

• Amber, the Blonde Writer

20 February 2016 at 1:01 pm

Hello! I wish I could scrapbook, but I may as well as four year-old hands with as messy and confusing my pages ended up looking. […] Read MoreHello! I wish I could scrapbook, but I may as well as four year-old hands with as messy and confusing my pages ended up looking. But these are BEAUTIFUL! It's so cool how it's set up. I have a friend who would totally be into Project Life. Also, I need to read Holly Black. I need to get on that train pronto! Read Less

• Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

20 February 2016 at 11:18 am

Oh wow, I have never heard of Project Life - what a gorgeous way to scrapbook! I am going to check this out; I used […] Read MoreOh wow, I have never heard of Project Life - what a gorgeous way to scrapbook! I am going to check this out; I used to scrapbook when I was younger but I do not have the time at all now to put together extensive scrapbook spreads ... this is amazing and perfect! Your photos are lovely! I could just stare and stare <3 The way you arranged them and the ones you chose just look so beautiful together! (And you had some amazing times!!) Read Less

• Thanks so much! And yeah I just discovered Project Life last September and it's really simple. There are a ton of videos on YouTube and […] Read MoreThanks so much! And yeah I just discovered Project Life last September and it's really simple. There are a ton of videos on YouTube and aww that's so sweet! A lot of people have really good photos and mine over here just being average haha 😊 thanks for stopping by! Read Less

• Joy @ For Book's Sake

20 February 2016 at 10:35 am

Your scrap-booking is awesome!! I wish I had the skills to do that. It's really good!! Hope your LoveaThon is going great :)