Book Spine Poetry: #LoveAThon Mini-Challenge #3

loveathon

Good Morning lovelies!

Welcome to day 2 of Love-a-Thon! I’m getting a later start to today so I’m hoping to catch up and visit a bunch of people’s blogs to go comment crazy 🙂 I really enjoyed last night’s Twitter chat! It was so much fun talking with everyone and that question about favorite food made me soo hungry haha. I’m sad I missed this morning’s chat but I just couldn’t wake up haha so I’m planning on doing tonight’s chat. 2/4 is good right?

Anyway this morning’s challenge from our hosts: Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) and Mel (The Daily Prophecy) is to create poetry from book spines! This is always a favorite of mine for #LoveAThon! If you want more info on the mini-challenge you can visit Alexa’s post here. 🙂

Okay, without further adieu:

Rebels

by NicoleLynn

On Dublin street
we were liars,
half bad
[and] white trash beautiful
risking it all.

Freewill
[with] nothing
[to] confess
[playing the] symphony for the city of the dead
[and creating the] legacy of kings.

So this one was a little rough. I have a limited supply of books up here in Boston, but I think I managed something decent haha. I can’t wait to go look at everyone else’s!!

Thanks for stopping by and happy day 2 of Love-a-Thon!

xo,

signature 3

22 comments
0 likes
Prev post: Love-a-Thon Bingo: Mini Challenge #2Next post: Truthwitch Read-Along Weeks 2 & 3

Related posts

Comments

• […] obsession! Love-A-Thon Bingo: Mini Challenge #2 – see how well I did with this challenge ;) Book Spine Poetry: #LoveAThon Mini Challenge #3 – […] Read More[…] obsession! Love-A-Thon Bingo: Mini Challenge #2 – see how well I did with this challenge ;) Book Spine Poetry: #LoveAThon Mini Challenge #3 – my favorite challenge!! Truthwitch Read-Along Weeks 2 & 3 – discussion questions […] Read Less

• Cee

23 February 2016 at 12:29 am

You did a great job! I love that "half bad" was after "we were liars." Just so great.

• La La in the Library

22 February 2016 at 10:01 am

I loved reading everyone's poetry. I had to come back around after looking at people's introduction posts to check out the poetry posts. :)

• […] Book Spine Poetry, Mini-Challenge #2: Rebels […]

• Annika

21 February 2016 at 5:54 pm

Oh, wow! This is lovely :)

• Alexa S. (@alexalovesbooks)

21 February 2016 at 5:18 pm

Nicole, I actually quite like your poem! It's well-done. Makes me think of a crowd a la Raven Boys and Gossip Girl, and their antics. […] Read MoreNicole, I actually quite like your poem! It's well-done. Makes me think of a crowd a la Raven Boys and Gossip Girl, and their antics. Beautifully done! Read Less

• Nicole

21 February 2016 at 1:04 pm

That was beautiful! Really, really beautiful :D

• NicoleLynn
      to Nicole

21 February 2016 at 1:07 pm

Thank you so much!!! :)

• Nicole
      to NicoleLynn

21 February 2016 at 1:10 pm

Oh! I wanted to let you know when I clicked your Poetry link on Alexa's site, it didn't redirect here. I don't know if it's […] Read MoreOh! I wanted to let you know when I clicked your Poetry link on Alexa's site, it didn't redirect here. I don't know if it's a problem on my end, but I wanted to let you know! Read Less

• NicoleLynn
      to Nicole

21 February 2016 at 6:06 pm

Thanks Alexa told me and I just fixed it! Not sure what happened :)

• Nicole
      to NicoleLynn

21 February 2016 at 6:21 pm

No problem! I'm happy to hear you were able to fix it :)

• Fida

21 February 2016 at 12:55 pm

This is great!!

• irena_bookdustmagic

21 February 2016 at 12:36 pm

This is actually a really good poem! You did an amazing job, I mean it!

• brainsandbooks

21 February 2016 at 11:52 am

I really love the first one omg!!

• Joy @ For Book's Sake